We don't use your personal health information at all. We protect it.
Pain-related advocacy and education activities
Soula uses her many years of chronic pelvic pain to provide an insight into the need for a new approach to living with pain.
Since Soula’s accident, Soula and Theo have:
- Created pudendalnerve.com.au — a website created to give hope to people with chronic pain and to educate those who treat them.
- Self published Art & Chronic Pain, a simple ‘story-like’ book that helps people with chronic pain explain what it’s like to have the condition.
- Presented Soula’s story to 180 practitioners interested in chronic pain at The Alliance for Improving the Management of Pain 2014 in Sydney, Australia; and
- Created a documentary The Hurting Strings the story of Soula’s non-drug dependent approach to managing and living with chronic pain.
- Been interviewed for the 7.30 report – Choosing practitioners on the new website whitecoat.com.au, which enables people to rate, compare and find healthcare practitioners.
- Joined the Alcohol & Drug Foundation’s A risk – medication harms campaign.
- Soula and PainTrain featured in AMA VICDOC magazine
- Presenting Soula’s patient resources at the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) GPADD18 Dealing with Addiction Conference